(Serves 4-6 People)
- 6-7 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup lime juice (approx. 2-3 limes)
- 1/3 cup chopped white onion (about half of a medium-size white onion)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro (just buy an entire bundle, you’ll eat the rest eventually LOL)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1.Prep the ingredients! Get your white onion half, lay the flat side face-down on the cutting board and and slice thinly one way. Then, make sure the knife is perpendicular to the onion slices, and chop so you end up with little squares of onion (about 1/4in by 1/4 inch). Now, grab a handful of cilantro leaves and chop until the leaves are smaller than a grain of rice (it’s okay to have some stems near where the leaves are, but you dont want to use anything below half-way down the bunch). Juice 2-3 limes, or until you havw 1/4 cup of juice, and pour into a small bowl and set aside. Lastly, grab a large bowl, slice the avocadoes in half and take out the pits. Remove any brown spots/areas, scoop the avocado from its skin and put into large bowl.
2. With a fork, smash the avocadoes together until somewhat smooth (I dont like my completely smooth so I leave some chunks but you do you!). Mix in 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper until well incorporated. Stir in the lime juice, mix in the onion and cilantro. Now, taste and add more salt if you think it’s necessary.
3.Serve! Top with fresh cilantro leaves (optional), grab your favorite chips, and enjoy 🙂
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! Your support is deeply appreciated!