This gluten-free and dairy-free muffin recipe isn’t just any gluten-free and dairy-free muffin recipe. It’s easy. I’m no baker but these muffins come out perfect every single time. These muffins are rich, slightly dense, crumbly, extremely chocolatey, and addicting. The best way to describe them is if a flourless chocolate cake, brownie, and a muffin were to have a baby. Perfect for my fellow chocolate lovers, and I mean chocolate lovers!
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Double Chocolate Muffins
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Medium Bowl
- Food Scale
- Teaspoon Measurement
- Muffin Tins
- 3 oz Bob Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 oz Cocoa Powder
- 4 oz Melted Earth Balance
- 4 oz Brown Sugar
- 4 oz White Sugar
- 4 oz Eggs Approx. 2 XL Eggs
- 3 oz Trader Joe’s Fair Trade 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chopped
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- Flakey Sea Salt for Topping
- *Preheat Oven to 325 Degrees Fahrenheit
- 1.In a medium bowl, sift flour cocoa powder, and baking powder. Then add salt, and give ingredients a quick mix.
- 2.Grab a large bowl, and combine sugar and butter. Then, add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- 3. Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and make sure to stir gently (the cocoa powder has a mind of its own so it can get messy real quick). Repeat with remaining half of dry ingredients. Afterwards, stir in chopped chocolate until well combined.
- 4. Grease muffin tins with earth balance or nonstick spray and dust flour on top. Fill muffin tins to slightly below the rim (should fill 6 tins).
- 5. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes then at 350 for 10 minutes or until they’re done.