Quinoa makes the perfect gluten-free side dish. After trying this Cilantro Lime Quinoa Recipe, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. This is an easy recipe which goes great served alongside grilled meats, veggies, and more!
What is quinoa?
Quinoa is the seed of the goosefoot plant. It is prepared similarly to a grain whereas it is packaged dry and must be boiled in water until all water is absorbed. Quinoa is served a number of ways such as beneath grilled chicken and veggies in a lunch bowl, in a nutrient-packed salad, fried into crispy puffs that add crunch to any dish, and more! Quinoa is fairly bland and slightly nutty meaning it’s great for absorbing flavor. Lastly, quinoa is packed with protein so it truly does make the perfect side!
Can I Substitute Ingredients?
This recipe is flexible. For example, I used Earth Balance as my vegan butter of choice in this recipe. However, regular butter will work fine as well as other vegan butter brands. Any brand of quinoa will also work. I recommend reading the packaging label when purchasing because I provide directions for regular uncooked, dry quinoa. Some stores may sell instant quinoa in which the cooking directions may vary from the directions provided in this recipe. Lastly, I do not recommend swapping lemon juice for lime juice because it just is not the same. Lime pairs better with cilantro than lemon does. However, if you insist on using lemon juice, lemon and parsley are a great combination. I would love to hear how it tastes.
If you happen to swap ingredients when making this recipe, please let me know in the comments below! I would love to hear 🙂
Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- Sauce Pan
- Measuring Cup
- Tablespoon measurement
- 1 Cup Dry White Quinoa
- 2 Cups Water
- 3 Tbsp Earth Balance Any Vegan/Dairy-Free Butter
- 1 Lime
- 1 Handful Cilantro Leaves
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1. Rinse quinoa with cool water until water runs clear.2. In a large sauce pan, add water, quinoa, and salt.3. Bring to a boil, cover, and let simmer for 15 minutes. The quinoa is ready when all the water is absorbed.
Prepare Other Ingredients
- 4. While quinoa cooks, rinse and chop cilantro leaves. Chop enough leaves until theres about 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro.5. Cut lime in half and set aside.
- 6. Once the water is comepletely absorbed, remove sauce pan from heat.7. Add vegan/dairy-free butter to quinoa and stir until completely melted.8. Squeeze the limes over the quinoa and stir until well combined.9. Lastly, add chopped cilantro, toss until well combined, and salt to taste.Serve & Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this cilantro lime Quinoa Head over to my
More Sides Below
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! If you try this recipe, please tag me either on here @alattaeats or on instagram @alattaeats! Feel free to share your thoughts/questions below in the comments 🙂