Granola Banana Bread Squares are a mix between gluten-free and dairy-free banana bread and a delicious, rich coffee cake. These gluten-free and dairy-free granola banana bread squares are perfect segway into fall baking. They’re rich, sweet, and have the texture of a fudge brownie. Enjoy in the morning with a hot cup of coffee if you’re craving an indulgent breakfast or serve with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream to savor these last hot days of summer.
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Granola Banana Bread FAQS:
Does it Matter Which Granola I use?
Nope! Use whatever kind you have available. I do recommend using one that you enjoy, just make sure it’s gluten-free and dairy-free if you have dietary restrictions. I used the Maple Pecan Praline granola from Trader Joes and these Granola Banana Bread Squares turned out phenomenal. The maple syrup and pecans paired with the banana, vanilla, and cinnamon perfectly.
Can I Use ANy Gluten-Free FLour?
Unfortunately, no. This recipe has not been tested with other flour blends other than Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour. For best results I recommend using the one listed in the ingredients list. However, if you want to try using an alternative flour blend, feel free to do so and please let me know in the comments below how the squares turned out!
DOes Any Plant MIlk Work?
Yup! Use any plant milk such as almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, cashew milk, etc. I used Silk’s Oat Milk when making the recipe but any milk will work!
What if I’m not Dairy-Free?
If you don’t have a dairy dietary restriction, then please feel free to use regular low-fat milk and regular butter in this recipe!
- Large Bowl
- Medium Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Teaspoon Measurement
- 11" x 7" x 1 ½" baking sheet
- Parchment Paper
For the Bread
- 1 ¼ Cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Granola Use your favorite granola. I used Trader Joe's Pecan Prailine Granola
- 4 :arge Bananas
- 1 Cup Plant Milk Use your favorite kind!
- ½ Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar (lightly packed)
- ¼ Cup Chia Seeds
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ⅓ Cup Vegan Butter I used Earth Balance
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar (lightly packed)
- ⅓ Cup Rolled Oats
- ¾ Cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour
- Pinch of Salt
Make the Batter
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In the large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Then add brown sugar, plant milk, melted coconut oil, chia seeds, and vanilla extract (I reccomend heating up the plant milk to room temperature to avoid hardening the coconut oil). Stir until well combined.
- In the same large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
Make the Topping
- In the medium bowl, add the flour, oats,brown sugar, and butter butter. Use clean hands or a fork to combine the ingredients. This should look like a soft cookie dough. Set aside.
Time to Bake
- Line baking dish with parchment paper. Grease parchment paper with cooking spray or more coconut oil.
- Give batter a quick stir and pour into baking dish. Smooth the batter into an even layer. Crumble topping over the batter, placing chunks evenly across the surface.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving!
More GLuten-Free and Dairy-Free Recipes Here
Recipes Similar to Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Granola Banana Bread Squares:
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! I sincerely appreciate your support!