This Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake is for my people who are not the best at baking, like myself. I always struggled with successfully baking gluten-free and dairy-free loaf cakes, for I foundd they often come out too dense, or even, raw. However, this recipe changes everything, this Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake is extremely moist and holds up nicely. I hope you give this gluten-free dairy-free loaf cake a try!
Do I need to let the gluten-free dairy-free batter rest?
I know, it’s a pain! However, letting the batter rest is a game changer. Before this trick, which I learned from Ai Made It For You -check her out!, my breads wouldn’t turn out right, but after trying it, my breads turn out extremely moist and flavorful. Yum!
Can I replace the eggs?
Unfortunately, I cannot confirm it will turn out properly without regular eggs. You are more than welcome to try using flax eggs or an egg substitute however, I cannot guarantee the best results!
Can I use frozen raspberries?
Yes! Make sure they’re defrosted and strain out any excess water because we don’t want it to weigh down the batter.
Can I add the raspberries to all of the batter?
I suggest adding the raspberries to only a portion of the batter and then swirling it into the batter, so that the raspberries don’t weight down the batter. For best results, add the blended raspberries to only half the batter.
- 7.2 x 3.7 inch Loaf Tin
- Parchment Paper
- Large Bowl
- Medium Bowl
- Plastic Wrap
- 1½ Cup Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Rasberries Washed and dried
- ½ Cup Plant Milk
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 Lemons Juice and Zest
- ⅓ Cup + 1 Tablespoon Neutral Oil I used olive oil
- 1½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Plant Milk
- 1½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set Aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk sugar, oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest until homogenous. Add the dry ingredient and whisk until everything is combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let batter rest at room temperature for 45 minutes.Preheat oven to 350°F during this step.
- Grease baking tin and line with parchment paper. Pour ½ the rested batter into the baking tin.
- Mix the blended raspberries with remaining batter and gently pour into baking tin. Drag a spoon or toothpick through the batter in a wide zig zag lengthwise. Only do this motion once to prevent the batter from sinking to the bottom.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 60 minutes. After 30 minutes, carefully cover top with tinfoil to prevent the top from burning.
- Let cool for an hour (I promise it's worth the wait).
- Mix together lemon juice, plant milk, and powdered sugar until smooth. Continue to stir while adding powder sugar until it reaches the consistently slightly thicker than glue.
- Pour glaze over cooled loaf, spread into an even layer. Let glaze set, or dive in!
- (Optional) Top with freeze-dried strawberries or raspberries!
More gluten-free and dairy-free desserts below!
Don’t forget to check out Ai Made It For You because her Lemon Poppy Seed Cake inspired this Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake!
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! I sincerely appreciate your support!
One response to “Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake”
[…] These gluten-free dairy-free :lemon Blueberry Muffins uses the same batter as my Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake […]