Pretend a lemon loaf cake and a blueberry muffin had child. These lemon blueberry muffins are tangy, cake-like, and, well, delicious. These gluten-free and dairy-free muffins do have fruit in them so they qualify as a breakfast item, I think? Anyways, these are worth the try!
These gluten-free dairy-free Lemon Blueberry Muffins use the same batter as my Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake
- 1½ Cup Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Cups Fresh blueberries Washed and dried
- ½ Cup Plant Milk
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 Lemons Juice and Zest (save 1 Tbsp of juice for glaze)
- ⅓ Cup + 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract optional
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set Aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk sugar, oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest until homogenous. Add the dry ingredient and whisk until everything is combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let batter rest at room temperature for 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 325°F and prepare topping during this step.
- Line muffin tin with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Toss blueberries in 2 tbsp flour and fold into rested batter.
- Evenly distribute batter into 12 muffin tins. Then distribute topping onto each muffin.
- Bake at 325° for 36 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Glaze cooled muffins. Either let glaze set or serve right away. Enjoy!
- In a medium bowl, add flour, oats, powdered sugar, butter, and salt. Mash together with clean hands until it resembles a dry, crumbly cookie dough.
- In a medium bowl, add powdered sugar, lemon juice, and plant milk. Mix until forms a thick glue-like consitency. Add addition powdered sugar if necesaary.