Gluten-free dairy-free turkey burgers that are slightly sweet and perfectly savory with a hint of spiciness.
Servings 6 Burgers
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Turkey For best results use ground turkey that is 93% lean and 7% fat
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp Gluten-Free Flour I like Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil + more for cooking
- 2 Tsp Agave Syrup Honey & maple syrup work great too!
- 1 Tbsp + 1 Tsp Pre-minced Garlic Or mince 2 fresh cloves
- 1 Tsp Sriracha
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Tsp Paprika
- ¼ Tsp Kosher Salt
- ⅛ Tsp Black Pepper
Prepare the Meat
1. Add everything to a medium sized bowl. Mix thoroughly until spices are evenly distributed throughout turkey meat.
2. With the meat still in the bowl, divide into six sections.
3. Get a large sheet of parchment paper and cut into six approximately 5inx5in squares. Then set one square on a medium sized plate.
4. With clean hands, grab one of the six sections of turkey meat. Place onto the square of parchment paper that is on the plate and press the meat into the shape of a burger (we're going for about ½ in thick). Repeat with remaining 5 sections of turkey meat. Simply stack each burger ontop one another, and use the parchment squares to seperate each patty. Wash hands afterwards!
5. Heat pan on medium heat.6. Once pan is heated, drizzle in some olive oil (about 1 tablespoon). 7.Lay one burger patty away from you, then another burger patty. Stick to cooking about 2 patties at a time (we want the pan to stay hot). Let cook for 1 minute or until the sides begin to turn grey in color (this means the meat is cooking) and the bottom of the patty is crispy and golden to dark brown in color. Flip, and allow to cook for another minute/minute and half until the top of the burger patty feels slightly firm to the touch (we don't want it hard because then the meat will turn out over school, we want just enough give that'll the meat springs back up after tapping down on it). Remove cooked patty from pan and set onto clean plate. Repeat with remainign patties and add a drizzle of oil after cooking half of the patties.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 193mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 163IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg