Cutting Board + Knife
- 14 oz Brussel Sprouts Approx. 25-30 small/medium sprouts
- 1½ Tbsp Vegan Butter This recipe uses Earth Balance
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Lemon
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme + More for garnish
- 2 Pinches Kosher Salt
Sauteé Brussel Sprouts
3. In a very large saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of Earth balance. Add chopped brussel sprouts and stir. Sprinkle brown sugar and a three-finger pinch of salt over brussel sprouts and stir. Cover and turn the heat to medium. Stir every 3 minutes and repeat until brussel sprouts are bright green, slightly yellow, and 85% cooked through.
Roast Brussel Sprouts
4. Lay out brussel sprouts onto baking sheets making sure there is room between each sprout and roast for 5 minutes or until the tops turn slightly dark brown.
5. In the meantime, peel and thinly slice garlic. Set aside. Juice lemons into a small bowl, remove seeds, and set aside. Lastly, remove the leaves from 2 sprigs of thyme and set aside.
6. In the same saucepan melt 1 tbsp Earth Balance at medium heat. Add the garlic and add thyme leaves once fragrant. Once garlic is golden and sticks to the pan, add the lemon juice. Turn off heat.
7. Add brussel sprouts to the sauce pan, sprinkle a pinch of salt, and toss until evenly coated. Serve and top with a fresh queeze of lemona and fresh thyme leaves.
Sodium: 339mg | Calcium: 77mg | Vitamin C: 134mg | Vitamin A: 1305IU | Sugar: 8g | Fiber: 6g | Potassium: 588mg | Calories: 128kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 5g | Protein: 5g | Carbohydrates: 20g | Iron: 2mg