This Moist Banana Bread is gluten-free dairy-free and tastes exactly like your classic banana bread. This loaf is soft, sweet, tasty, and like the title suggests, very moist. Although many gluten-free dairy-free baked goods are hit or miss, I can assure you this banana bread is a hit! Make sure to follow every step the recipe and use the suggested ingredients.
Which gluten-free flour do use for this gluten-free dairy-free banana bread?
I used Bob Red Mill’s Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour and oat flour in this recipe (not sponsored). This is my go-to flour because it seems resemble regular all purpose flour very well.
What makes this moist banana bread “moist”?
Step 5 of the recipe calls for letting the batter rest for 45 minutes. This step allows the flours to absorb moisture and leads to the bread retaining moisture throughout baking. In addition, this recipe calls for oat flour which by default, absorbs more moisture than regular flour which contributes to the moisture levels in the final product.
How do I make oat flour?
Simply add approximately 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats to a blender and pulse until the oats break down into particles and resembles flour. Scoop out 1/2 cup of this flour and add to batter. Either save the remaining oat flour for future recipes or add it back to your rolled oats.
- 8.5 x 4.5 inch Loaf Tin
- Plastic Wrap for storing
- Tin Foil
- 1½ Cup Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- ½ Cup Oat flour check FAQs to learn how to make oat flour
- ¾ Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup Smashed Bananas Approximately 2-3 rip bananas
- ½ Cup Plant Milk
- 3 Large Eggs
- ½ Tsp Lemon Juice or Vinegar
- ⅓ Cup + 1 Tablespoon Neutral Oil Olive oil works great
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract or 1 Tsp vanilla paste
- 1½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Kosher Salt
- In small bowl, add peeled banana and mash with a fork until lumps disappear.
- In medium bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set Aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, eggs, plant milk, brown sugar, oil, lemon juice (or vinegar), and vanilla extract (or vanilla bean paste) until homogenous.
- Pour half of the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and whisk until everything is combined. Repeat with remaining dry ingredients.
- Use rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and incorporate any lingering dry ingredients.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let batter rest at room temperature for 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F during this step.
- Grease baking tin and line with parchment paper. Pour rested batter into the baking tin.
- Place baking tin in the oven at 350°F for and set time for 55 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, loosely cover the banana bread with tinfoil to prevent the top from burning. Try not to touch the top of the bread with the foil but rather shape the foil in a rectangular box shape and place on top of the tin, shielding the top of the loaf from direct heat.
- After 55 minutes (25 minutes since covering the loaf tin with tinfoil) carefully poke a toothpick in the center of the loaf and check if it comes out clean. If it come outs clean or with large crumbs, remove the banana bread from the oven. If the toothpick comes out with a film of batter, continue to bake the banana bread and check with a tooth pick every 5 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean or with large crumbs.
- Once finished baking, remove banana bread from oven and let cool for 1 hour.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
- Let banana bread cool completely.
- Wrap the entire loaf tightly and generously with plastic wrap. Wrap tight enough so air bubbles are squeezed out.
- Place in refrigerator and enjoy within three days for best results!
Enjoyed this Moist Banana Bread? Check out my Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake!
This Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake is for my people who are not the best at baking, like myself. I always struggled with successfully baking gluten-free and dairy-free loaf cakes, for I foundd they often come out too dense, or even, raw. However, this recipe changes everything, this Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake is…
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! I sincerely appreciate your support!