This Moist Banana Bread is gluten-free dairy-free and tastes exactly like your classic banana bread. This loaf is soft, sweet, tasty, and like the title suggests, very moist. Although many gluten-free dairy-free baked goods are hit or miss, I can assure you this banana bread is a hit! Make sure to follow every step the recipe and use the suggested ingredients.
Which gluten-free flour do use for this gluten-free dairy-free banana bread?
I used Bob Red Mill’s Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour and oat flour in this recipe (not sponsored). This is my go-to flour because it seems resemble regular all purpose flour very well.
What makes this moist banana bread “moist”?
Step 5 of the recipe calls for letting the batter rest for 45 minutes. This step allows the flours to absorb moisture and leads to the bread retaining moisture throughout baking. In addition, this recipe calls for oat flour which by default, absorbs more moisture than regular flour which contributes to the moisture levels in the final product.
How do I make oat flour?
Simply add approximately 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats to a blender and pulse until the oats break down into particles and resembles flour. Scoop out 1/2 cup of this flour and add to batter. Either save the remaining oat flour for future recipes or add it back to your rolled oats.
- 8.5 x 4.5 inch Loaf Tin
- Parchment Paper
- Large Bowl
- Medium Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Plastic Wrap
- Plastic Wrap for storing
- 1½ Cup Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- ½ Cup Oat flour check FAQs to learn how to make oat flour
- ¾ Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup Mashed Ripe bananas Approx 2 large bananas
- ½ Cup Plant Milk
- 3 Large Eggs
- ½ Tsp Lemon Juice
- ⅓ Cup + 1 Tablespoon Neutral Oil I used olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract or 1 Tsp vanilla paste
- 1½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- In a small bowl, mash bananas with a fork until bananas form a gloopy paste and clumps disappear. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set Aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, eggs, milk sugar, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract until homogenous.
- Pour half of the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and whisk until everything is combined. Repeat with remaining dry ingredients.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let batter rest at room temperature for 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F during this step.
- Grease baking tin and line with parchment paper. Then grease the parchment paper. Pour rested batter into the baking tin.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after poking the center.
- Let cool for 1 hour.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
- Let banana bread cool completely.
- Wrap the entire loaf tightly and generously with plastic wrap. Wrap tight enough so air bubbles are squeezed out.
- Place in refrigerator and enjoy within three days for best results!
Enjoyed this Moist Banana Bread? Check out my Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake!
This Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake is for my people who are not the best at baking, like myself. I always struggled with successfully baking gluten-free and dairy-free loaf cakes, for I foundd they often come out too dense, or even, raw. However, this recipe changes everything, this Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake is […]
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! Your support is deeply appreciated!