Think fluffy chocolate chip pancakes with a subtle spiced pumpkin twist. These Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes are chocolate-forward with a hint of cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and pumpkin to give that nostalgic fall flavor. These are just as good without chocolate chips so prepare these as you please. Hope you enjoy!
Can I use any gluten-free flour in these pumpkin pancakes?
Stick to the flour listed in the recipe’s ingredients. I didn’t test this recipe with other gluten-free flours so I cannot say if others will work. Feel free to give it a try and let me know how the pancakes turn out in the comments!
How do I make oat flour?
Simply add approximately 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats to a blender and pulse until the oats break down into particles and resembles flour. Scoop out 1/2 cup of this flour and add to batter. Either save the remaining oat flour for future recipes or add it back to your rolled oats.
- Large Pan or Griddle
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Medium Bowl
- Teaspoon & Tablespoon Measurement
- Fork or Whisk
- 2 Cups Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Baking Flour
- ½ Cup Oat Flour If you don't have oat flour, blend 1 cup of oats!
- 1 ½ Cups Plant Milk
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Purée
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- ¼ Cup Melted Earth Balance (+ More for greasing the pan/griddle) Any vegan butter works, or coconut oil.
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Freshly Ground Nutmeg or 1 tsp pre-ground nutmeg
- ¼ Tsp Ground Cloves
- ¼ Kosher Salt
- Turn on griddle to 375 degrees Farenheit. If using a pan, heat at medium-low heat. This way, we can cook the pancakes immediately after perparing the batter.
- In the large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, spices, and salt. Stir with a fork or whisk until ingredients are combined. Set aside.
- In the medium bowl, combine plant milk, pumpkin purée, melted earth balance, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir thoroughly with the same fork or whisk.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until a batter forms. It's ready when the dry ingredients are fully mixed in. Small lumps are okay, try to scrap the sides and bottom of the bowl so there isn't flour lingering anywhere.
- Lastly, fold in dark chocolate chips and get ready to make some pancakes!
- Grease griddle or pan, with small nob of Earth Balance (any vegan butter or coconut oil). Scoop out ½ cup of batter onto the cooking surface and allow the pancake to cook for 30-60 seconds until bubbles form on the side and the middle looks raw or until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown which you can see by tiltling the pancake upward with the spatula. Flip and allow to cook for another 30-60 seconds until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown and the middle of the pancakes rises and forms a pointy shape at the top of the pancake. Repeat with remaining batter (make sure to grease the pan/griddle after every 1-2 pancakes).
- Serve with lots of maple syrup and enjoy!
If you enjoyed these Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes, you may also enjoy these Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Multigrain Pancakes!
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! I sincerely appreciate your support!