This fluffy gluten-free multigrain pancake recipe creates the quintessential pancake. These gluten-free multigrain pancakes are perfectly sweet, have a slight vanilla taste, and fluff up unlike your typical dense gluten-free pancake. The oats make these pancakes “multigrain” meaning there is more fiber than your average flapjack. These are great for kiddos because the oats actually make the pancakes taste better, rather than giving them that “healthy taste” that most kids do not enjoy. I cannot recommend these pancakes enough, they are SO good!
Can I use any gluten-free flour?
Stick to the flour listed in the recipe’s ingredients. I didn’t test this recipe with other gluten-free flours so I cannot say if others will work. Feel free to give it a try and let me know how the pancakes turn out in the comments!
Is Oat Flour required?
Nope! Feel free to use another cup of the gluten-free flour listed to replace the oat flour. However, using just the one flour blend will not result in multigrain pancakes.
If you don’t have store-bought oat flour on hand, simply add oats to a blender and pulse until you have grounded oats that look like flour. Yes, it’s that easy!
Can I use flax (vegan) eggs?
I didn’t test this recipe using flax eggs or other vegan egg options. However, I imagine the pancakes would turn out fine. If anything, add slightly more milk if the batter is too thick. Please let me know how the pancakes turn out! 🙂
Can I add mix ins?
ABSOLUTELY! I love adding blueberries and chocolate chips to my pancakes. Simply add 1 cup of blueberries for blueberry pancakes. For any fruit pancake, 1 cup of fruit is a good ratio. However, for chocolate chip pancakes I recommend 1/3 to 1/2 cup of chocolate chips which depends on how healthy and how chocolatey you like your pancakes. Here are my chocolate chip and blueberry takes on this recipe:
- Large Pan or Griddle
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Medium Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Teaspoon & Tablespoon Measurement
- Fork or Whisk
- 1 ½ Cups Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Baking Flour
- 1 Cup Oat Flour If you don't have oat flour, blend 1 cup of oats!
- 1 ½ Cups Plant Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ Cup Melted Earth Balance (+ More for greasing the pan/griddle) Any vegan butter works, or coconut oil.
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Kosher Salt
- Turn on griddle to 375 degrees Farenheit. If using a pan, heat at medium-low heat. This way, we can cook the pancakes immediately after perparing the batter.
- In the large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, spices, and salt. Stir with a fork or whisk until ingredients are combined. Set aside.
- In the medium bowl, combine plant milk, melted earth balance, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir thoroughly with the same fork or whisk.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until a batter forms. It's ready when the dry ingredients are fully mixed in. Small lumps are okay, try to scrap the sides and bottom of the bowl so there isn't flour lingering anywhere.
- Lastly, fold in dark chocolate chips and get ready to make some pancakes!
- Grease griddle or pan, with small nob of Earth Balance (any vegan butter or coconut oil). Scoop out ⅓ cup of batter onto the cooking surface and allow the pancake to cook for 30-60 seconds until bubbles form on the side and the middle looks raw or until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown which you can see by tiltling the pancake upward with the spatula. Flip and allow to cook for another 30-60 seconds until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown and the middle of the pancakes rises and forms a pointy shape at the top of the pancake. Repeat with remaining batter (make sure to grease the pan/griddle after every 1-2 pancakes).
- Serve with lots of maple syrup and enjoy!
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Multigrain Pancakes! Recipe on the blog🥰♬ MAYA DELILAH ON ALL PLATFORMS – mayadelilah
More Breakfast Recipes Here
Recent Recipes Below
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! I sincerely appreciate your support!
One response to “Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancakes”
[…] If you enjoyed these Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes, you may also enjoy these Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Multigrain Pancakes! […]