These gluten-free and dairy-free Cheddar Bay Biscuits are soft, fluffy, cheesy, uber savory and go perfectly with your favorite soup! I would’ve never thought a palatable gluten-free and dairy-free version of Cheddar Bay Biscuits could exist. However, this recipe encapsulates the same level of cheesiness, buttery-ness, savoriness, and addicting-ness that the regular recipes entail. All of my non-gluten-and-dairy-intolerant roommates gave the thumbs up and thought the biscuits tasted like fried chicken– which I’ll take as win. These gluten-free dairy-free cheddar bay biscuits are easy to make, even for the inexperienced baker, and are ready to devour in just thirty minutes!
Which dairy-free cheddar cheese works best in these cheddar bay biscuits?
I wholeheartedly admit that dairy-free cheese as a food group is often hit or miss; more often a miss than a hit. I have found that Violife’s dairy-free cheddar cheese shreds are pretty good for dairy-free cheese. It’s not cheddar cheese but it performs well and emulates cheddar cheese better than other(This is NOT sponsored). Above all, use your favorite dairy-free cheddar!
Do I have to use Old Bay Seasoning?
Nope! I recently went on a trip and could not get my hands on the signature Old Bay spice blend and opted for cajun seasoning which worked just fine!
Which dairy-free butter works best?
I used Earth Balance (not sponsored) in this recipe and t gave the biscuits a perfect buttery flavor(you couldn’t even tell they were dairy-free). However, if Earth Balance isn’t available, I use Miyoko’s cultured vegan butter (not sponsored) just as often and it works just as well!
I’m not dairy-free, can I use regular milk, butter, and cheese?
You most definitely can make these biscuits with dairy-based ingredients! I made these for my boyfriend and his roommates using 2% milk, butter, and regular cheddar and they loved them! So, use whatever you got!
- Baking Sheet
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 Large Bowl
- Pastry Brush a spoon works too
- 2 Forks
- 2 Spoons
- 1 Large Knife
- Cutting Board
- Microplane or grater
- 2 Cups Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- ¾ Cup Plant Butter I used Earth Balance
- ⅔ Cup Dairy-Free Buttermilk combine 2/3 cup plant milk with 1 teaspoon vinegar (lemon juice works too)
- ½ Cup Violife's Dairy-Free Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Clove Fresh Garlic
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ Cup Plant Butter melted
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley chopped
- ½ Tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine plant milk, vinegar, egg, and microplaned garlic. Whisk until the egg is fully combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl come flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda. Mix with a clean fork or spoon until baking powder and baking soda are evenly combined throughout the flour.
- Add cold plant butter to the dry ingredients and mix with your hands, pressing the butter between the dry ingredients creating smaller and smaller clumps. Do this until the butter clumps are approximately the size of a pea throughout.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a spoon or rubber spatula to gently fold just until combined. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl for remaining dry bits.
- Using a spoon, dollop the dough into six portions onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 425ºF for 16 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the biscuits bake, melt the butter in a separate bowl, add old bay seasoning and chopped parsley into the bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Once the biscuits are golden brown, remove from the oven and immediately brush with the old bay buttery goodness. Serve while hot and enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free)
If you’re searching for an easy and delicious gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate chip banana bread recipe, look no further! This recipe is the perfect combination of moist, sweet, and packed with flavor, making it an excellent treat for any time of day. Whether you’re serving it for breakfast or dessert, this gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate…
Double Chocolate Mint Oreo Cookies (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free)
a.k.a. Thicc Mints Think your favorite Girl Scout cookies but ultra chocolatey, ultra minty, and gluten-free and dairy-free– think gluten-free thin mints but better! These gluten-free and dairy-free double chocolate mint cookies are the ultimate gluten-free and dairy-free indulgence during Girl Scout season. Made with gluten-free flour, plant-based butter, dairy-free milk and dark chocolate chips,…
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free Dairy-Free)
These gluten-free dairy-free chewy chocolate chip cookies are the perfect indulgence for anyone looking for a delicious treat that accommodates their dietary needs. Made with high-quality ingredients and expertly crafted, these cookies boast a chewy texture and rich chocolate flavor that is sure to delight your taste buds. Whether you have dietary restrictions or simply…
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! I sincerely appreciate your support!