These Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Turkey Burgers will be your new gluten-free dairy-free dinner go-to. They are savory, slightly sweet, and have the perfect level of spiciness. Finding a good gluten-free dairy-free dinner recipe is difficult, however I promise these will up your dinner game! The umami flavor from the sriracha and the sweetness from the coconut aminos and agave remind me of teriyaki sauce; therefore I call these “teriyaki inspired”. Turkey burgers are great because they’re low in fat, high in protein, and go great with practically anything. Can’t wait for you to give these gluten-free dairy-free turkey burgers a try!
Can I use Beef Instead of Turkey?
Absolutely! Mind you, ground beef tends to be much fattier than ground turkey so omit the olive oil when adding ingredients to the meat. I also recommend creating a divot in the center. Because ground beef has a higher fat content than ground turkey, the burgers will be juicier and will puff up in the middle; creating a divot will help the burgers maintain a flat patty shape instead of turning into baseballs. Another note, beef is higher in cholesterol which isn’t ideal for many people, so keep that in mind if you’re looking for a healthier recipe!
- Large Saucepan
- Medium Bowl
- Teaspoon & Tablespoon Measurements
- Parchment Paper
- 2 Medium-sized Plates
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Turkey For best results use ground turkey that is 93% lean and 7% fat
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp Gluten-Free Flour I like Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil + more for cooking
- 2 Tsp Agave Syrup Honey & maple syrup work great too!
- 1 Tbsp + 1 Tsp Pre-minced Garlic Or mince 2 fresh cloves
- 1 Tsp Sriracha
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Tsp Paprika
- ¼ Tsp Kosher Salt
- ⅛ Tsp Black Pepper
Prepare the Meat
- 1. Add everything to a medium sized bowl. Mix thoroughly until spices are evenly distributed throughout turkey meat.
- 2. With the meat still in the bowl, divide into six sections.
- 3. Get a large sheet of parchment paper and cut into six approximately 5inx5in squares. Then set one square on a medium sized plate.
- 4. With clean hands, grab one of the six sections of turkey meat. Place onto the square of parchment paper that is on the plate and press the meat into the shape of a burger (we're going for about ½ in thick). Repeat with remaining 5 sections of turkey meat. Simply stack each burger ontop one another, and use the parchment squares to seperate each patty. Wash hands afterwards!
- 5. Heat pan on medium heat.6. Once pan is heated, drizzle in some olive oil (about 1 tablespoon). 7.Lay one burger patty away from you, then another burger patty. Stick to cooking about 2 patties at a time (we want the pan to stay hot). Let cook for 1 minute or until the sides begin to turn grey in color (this means the meat is cooking) and the bottom of the patty is crispy and golden to dark brown in color. Flip, and allow to cook for another minute/minute and half until the top of the burger patty feels slightly firm to the touch (we don't want it hard because then the meat will turn out over school, we want just enough give that'll the meat springs back up after tapping down on it). Remove cooked patty from pan and set onto clean plate. Repeat with remainign patties and add a drizzle of oil after cooking half of the patties.
Time to Serve
- 8. Serve on gluten-free toasted bread with lots of mayo and greens (if that's your jam) and enjoy!
More Recipes Here
No need to opt for the gummy, flakey store-bought gluten-free tortillas. These gluten-free dairy-free flour tortillas resemble freshly made flour tortillas you’d find at your favorite Mexican restaurants. The tortillas do require a few specific ingredients to result in chewy, savory goodness. FAQS: Is glutinous rice flour gluten-free? The term “glutinous” is misleading, but yes! […]
These vegan peppermint chocolate truffles are a healthier take on the chocolate peppermint treats you look forward to every year. Healthier than other treats, these are sweetened naturally with dates and might as well be named holiDATE truffles. Get it? These are ready to go in under an hour and will have your health-crazed friends […]
Need the perfect dinner recipe for when you want to snuggle up with a good book by the fire? Don’t worry, I got you. This gluten-free dairy-free butternut squash soup takes minimal effort and leaves your kitchen smelling like all things fall. FAQS: Do I Salt the Butternut Squash Soup If my Bone Broth is […]
This Moist Banana Bread is gluten-free dairy-free and tastes exactly like your classic banana bread. This loaf is soft, sweet, tasty, and like the title suggests, very moist. Although many gluten-free dairy-free baked goods are hit or miss, I can assure you this banana bread is a hit! Make sure to follow every step the […]
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! Your support is deeply appreciated!