Peanut butter lovers, chocolate lovers, peanut-butter-chocolate lovers, these gluten-free and dairy-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat. These chocolate peanut butter morsels require one bowl and take minimal effort. If you know me you know I am not the biggest fan of baking, but these I will make any time, any day. However, make sure you have a glass of plant-based milk nearby because these cookies are RICH.
Is honey butter required for these Valentine’s Day Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Sorry, but yes. The honey butter is essential in this recipe. I promise!!
How many Valentine’s Day cookies does the recipe make?
This recipe makes approximately six large heart-shaped cookies. If you’re serving a large crowd, I highly recommend doubling, if not tripling, this recipe. However, you can also use a smaller cookie cutter than I did, say, one that’s 1-2 inches rather than 3-4 inches and you will end up with plenty of cookies (at least 12 small ones with original batch size, and approximately 24 if recipe is doubled).
Can I use any gluten-free flour?
You are more than welcome to use any flour you’d like however I cannot guarantee these cookies will turn out well. In this recipe I only tested Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour (this is the best deal I can find), so I can only recommending using this blend. However, if you try another flour blend, let me know how they turn out in the comments below!
- 1 Large Bowl
- Hand Mixer optional, makes this recipe much easier!
- Heart-shaped Cookie Cutter
- Rolling Pin
- Measure cups
- 1 Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 1 Small Bowl
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- ¾ Cup Unsalted Natural Peanut Butter
- ⅓ Cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil Melted
- 1 Large Egg
- 1½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Chips Trader Joe's sells these at an affordable price
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt +more for topping
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Butter melted
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- **Preheat oven to 350°F
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In the large bow, combine peanut butter, honey, egg, pinch of salt, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Drizzle in coconut oil and mix until dough begins to stick together. This is a dry dough, so as long as it sticks when pressed together, the dough is good to go!
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Press dough into a ball. Roll out onto a clean, flat surface and use cookie cutter to press out heart shapes. Place the heart-shaped cookies on baking sheet. Gather dough scraps and repeat until no dough remains.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-11 minutes or until the cookies begin to turn golden brown on top. These cookies won't spread out much, if at all.
- In an oven safe Bowl, melt vegan butter. Add honey and mix until homogenous.
- Spoon honey butter over the hot cookies and let the cookies absorb this liquid gold. The cookies should look shiny like they're glazed with honey butter.
- Top with sea salt and enjoy!!
These are SO rich, make sure you have a glass of milk nearby! Not sponsored, ya girl can only dream lol. Gluten-free and Dairy-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies 🍪🤩@bobsredmill @traderjoeslist♬ ghost town voice memo (full version out now) – chloe george
Recipes Similar to Valentine’s Day Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! I sincerely appreciate your support!
One response to “Valentine’s Day Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Well done. My Valentine would be thrilled to receive such a yummy treat!