Did someone say spring? I guess it must’ve been this Meyer Lemon Sour Margarita because its bright citrus flavor screams spring! This margarita has slight hints of honey and agave, but mostly tastes like sour citrusy goodness. It’s rimmed with sweet agave nectar and spicy Tajín which cuts through the acidity from the lime and lemon juice.
For me, spring always meant citrus. Growing up in Southern California, my perception of seasons relied on scents such as the sweet perfume of orange blossoms from our backyard orange trees or the tang from homemade Meyer lemon lemonade at my grandma’s house. The Meyer lemons in this recipe are from my grandma’s tree, and I recently remembered all the times we would make homemade lemonade. I decided to take this to the next level. I omitted the sugar, added lime and tequila and created this Meyer Lemon Sour Marg.
What are Meyer lemons?
Meyer Lemons are a cross between oranges and lemons, so they’re slightly sweeter than the average lemon.
- 1 Large Glass or Cocktail shaker
- 1 Cocktail Glass
- Long Spoon or something to stir with
- Flat surface or plate to rim the glass
- 2 cups Ice Cubes
- 2 oz Tequila
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 1 Meyer Lemon (the juice)
- ½ tbsp Agave Nectar
- ½ tbsp Honey
Rimming the Glass
- 1 tsp Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp Tajín or Chili-Lime Seasoning
- On a flat surface or plate, add 1 tsp go agave nectar in the shape of a circle that's similar in circumference as the glass. Sprinkle Tajín or chili-lime seasoning over the agave.
- Take glass and press the rime into the seasoning and agave and twist until the rim is coated evenly. Set aside.
Make the Marg
- In the large glass or shaker add 1 cup ice, tequila, lime juice, Meyer lemon juice, honey and agave nectar. Stir until honey and agave dissolve (it'll take a while be patient 🙂 .
- Add remaining ice to rimmed glass. Strain the margarita into the glass.
- Kick back, relax, and enjoy!
For more cocktails check out my Drinks page!
Check out recent recipes below!
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! I sincerely appreciate your support!