These gluten-free dairy-free triple chocolate chip cookies are for the chocolate lovers out there. Containing three types of chocolate goodness-milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and cacao powder- these are a chocolate lover’s dream. These cookies are rich, dense, delicious, extremely chocolatey, slightly salty, and delicious? Did I mention these are delicious?
What kinds of dairy-free chocolate do I use?
For the dark chocolate chips, I used the 72% dark chocolate chips from Trader Joe’s. They’re dark, affordable, tasty, and dairy-free. However, any dairy-free dark chocolate works!
For the milk chocolate chips, I used Evolved Chocolate (not sponsored). Any dairy-free milk chocolate works, Whole Foods tends to have a decent selection. If you can’t find dairy-free milk chocolate chips, chopping up a dairy-free milk chocolate bar works just as fine. However, use 12oz, so 2-3 bar’s worth.
For the cacao powder, use whatever you have access to. My favorite is Natives (I may earn a small commission from purchases using this link). It’s very chocolatey, and pairs well with the cookie dough.
- Large Bowl
- Medium Bowl
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Large baking sheet
- Small Cookie scoop optional
- Parchment Paper
- Plastic Wrap
- Cooling Rack
- 2 Cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour
- ½ cup Cacao Powder
- ⅔ Cup Brown Sugar dark or light works
- ⅓ Cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegan Butter softened
- 1 cup Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 11 oz Bag of Dairy-Free Milk Chocolate Chips add more or less according to your preferences
- + Sea Salt for topping optional
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and baking soda until the baking powder and baking soda are evenly distributed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine white and brown sugar, softened vegan butter, vanilla extract and salt. Whisk together until butter and sugar become light and fluffy. Then, mix in the egg until combined.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the large bowl and mix until combined. Then repeat with remaining flour.
- In a medium, oven-safe bowl, Melt 1 cup dark chocolate chips. Mix cocoa powder into melted chocolate. Add to dough and mix until combined.
- Fold in milk chocolate chips. (Use as much or as little as you'd like!)
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the dough is firm.
- After chilling, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Scoop approx. 2 tbsp of dough (it will be tough) onto parchment lined baking sheet. If the dough crumbles, squeeze it into a ball and place on parchment. Fit as many scoops of dough on the baking sheet as possible (they won't spread).
- Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown and the cookies are cooked through to your liking. Top with sea salt immediately after baking (optional), then place on cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
Like these triple chocolate cookies? Try my other cookie recipes!
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! Your support is deeply appreciated!