Calling all shrimp lovers! Enjoy fresh flavors of summer during the winter, in the comfort of your home. This oven-baked cilantro lime shrimp takes a maximum of just fifteen minutes and five simple ingredients. This recipe is great for meal-prepping, lunch, and a quick gluten-free and dairy-free dinner. The marinated shrimp can also be pan-seared or grilled, use whichever you have access to.
What if I’m not a shrimp lover?
No worries! This marinade would make delicious chicken. However, note that the preparation may take longer than the shrimp. Prepare the marinade and marinate your chicken of choice. Then cook the marinated meat your preferred way of cooking chicken.
Does it matter if I use fresh shrimp or frozen shrimp?
Nope. Use whatever you have access to! If shrimp is frozen, thaw in a bowl of warm water and rinse with cold water. Either way, this will be a quick gluten-free and dairy-free dinner.
How do I prepare the Oven-Baked Cilantro Lime Shrimp?
Preparing shrimp is much easier than it seems. After thawing, remove and dispose the shrimp tail. Grab a pairing knife and run the sharp end along the black line either along the bottom of the shrimp or top; the location of the vein will vary depending on the type of shrimp. Afterwards, rinse again and then set shrimp on a dry towel. If shrimp is already deveined and shelled, you can skip this. I recommend rinsing shrimp to get rid of any fishy taste that may linger from the sea!
- 1 Baking Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- 2 Medium Bowls
- Paper Towels
- 1 lb Large Shrimp Peeled and Deveined is best
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Minced Garlic (About 2 cloves)
- 1 Tsp Lime Zest Zest of 1 Lime
- ½ Tsp Sea Salt Kosher salt works too
- ⅛ Tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to "high broil" setting.
- Line baking sheet with tin foil and place in oven.
- Thaw shrimp in a medium bowl of warm water for 7 minutes (if shrimp is frozen).
- Remove tails and veins if necessary.
- Rinse, pat dry.
- Blend cilantro, garlic olive oil, lime zest, salt, and pepper.
- Add shrimp to medium bowl and cover in marinade. Stir until each shrimp is coated. Cover and refrigerate until oven is preheated.
- Remove shrimp from fridge, open oven and use tongs to quickly place shrimp onto baking sheet (work quick, the shrimp cooks fast!). Close oven and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the shrimp are pink and curled.
- Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!
For More Cilantro Lime Recipes Click Here, and more Dinner recipes below
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! Your support is deeply appreciated!