a.k.a. Thicc Mints
Think your favorite Girl Scout cookies but ultra chocolatey, ultra minty, and gluten-free and dairy-free– think gluten-free thin mints but better! These gluten-free and dairy-free double chocolate mint cookies are the ultimate gluten-free and dairy-free indulgence during Girl Scout season. Made with gluten-free flour, plant-based butter, dairy-free milk and dark chocolate chips, these gluten-free mint chocolate cookies are safe to eat for those with gluten and dairy intolerances without sacrificing taste nor texture! hard to dislike. Perfect for a snack or dessert, they’re easy to make and customizable to your preferences. Enjoy them warm from the oven or drizzled with dairy-free dark chocolate for an extra dose of decadence. Lastly, They’re also great for sharing with friends and family, or storing in a jar for a quick and delicious treat on the go.
I can’t find gluten-free mint Oreos what can I use instead these double chocolate mint cookies?
Use regular gluten-free Oreos! Make sure to add an additional teaspoon of peppermint extract to make up for the minty flavor. Also, to convey they’re mint-flavored consider mixing a cup of powdered sugar with a teaspoon of dairy-free milk and a drop of green food color to drizzle over the cookies when they’re done baking. This will give the gluten-free and dairy-free double chocolate cookies that irresistible minty look!
However, you can omit the Oreos altogether if need be. Ultimately, it’s most important to make these in a way where you’ll enjoy them!
What you need to make these double chocolate mint cookies (Thicc Mints):
- Large Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Rubber Spatula
- Stand Mixer (or Electric Hand Mixer, or a Whisk)
- Set of Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Teaspoon Measurement
- Large Bowl
- Medium Bowl
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- Large baking sheet
- Small Cookie scoop optional
- Parchment Paper
- Plastic Wrap
- Cooling Rack
- Small Oven-Safe Bowl
- 2 Cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour
- ½ cup Cacao Powder
- ⅔ Cup Brown Sugar dark or light works
- ⅓ Cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegan Butter softened
- 15 Mint Gluten-Free Oreos + more for crumbling on top of dough
- 1 cup Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Chips melted
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Sea Salt
- 11 oz Bag of Dairy-Free Milk Chocolate Chips add more or less according to your preferences
- + Sea Salt for topping optional
- ⅓ cup Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate chips
- ½ tsp Peppermint Extract
- After chilling, preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium, oven-safe bowl, melt 1 cup dark chocolate chips. Set aside and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and baking soda until the baking powder and baking soda are evenly distributed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine white and brown sugar, softened vegan butter, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and salt. Whisk together until butter and sugar are fully combined. Then, mix in the egg until combined.
- Pour the cooled melted dark chocolate into the large bowl and combine with wet ingredients.
- Add 1/2 of the dry ingredient texture to the large bowl and mix until combined. Then repeat with remaining dry ingredients.
- Crumble 15 gluten-free mint-flavored Oreo cookies and fold into dough.
- Next, fold in entire bag of dairy-free milk chocolate chips and set. dough aside.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop approx. 2 tbsp of dough onto parchment lined baking sheet. Fit as many scoops of dough on the baking sheet as possible, leaving at least an inch in between each scoop (they won't spread much).
- Crumble additional gluten-free mint Oreos and press two to three pieces into the center of each scoop of dough.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown and the cookies are cooked through to your liking.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- While cookies bake, melt addition 1/3 cup of dairy-free dark chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until chocolate is melted. Add 1/2 tsp peppermint extract, mix, and set aside.
- Once cookies are done baking, drizzle the melted chocolate over each cookie and either enjoy immediately or let sit until chocolate sets. Enjoy!
Enjoy these Double Chocolate Mint Cookies (Thicc Mints)? Try out my other gluten-free and dairy-free cookie recipes!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free Dairy-Free)
These gluten-free dairy-free chewy chocolate chip cookies are the perfect indulgence for anyone looking for a delicious treat that accommodates their dietary needs. Made with high-quality ingredients and expertly crafted, these cookies boast a chewy texture and rich chocolate flavor that is sure to delight your taste buds. Whether you have dietary restrictions or simply…
No-Chill Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Dairy-free Gluten-free)
Consider these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip No-Chill Cookies a peanut butter cup in cookie form. There’s just enough peanut butter to give a peanut butter flavor without leaving your mouth dry and sticky. Altogether, these cookies take about a half-hour to make! Also, don’t worry, these gluten-free dairy-free cookies don’t skimp on the chocolate. This…
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! I sincerely appreciate your support!