Think your favorite mint chocolate Girl Scout cookie but thick, fudgey, extremely chocolatey, and with chocolate chips. These gluten-free dairy-free mint chocolate cookie bars are a mint chocolate lover’s dream. Make sure to have vanilla ice cream on hand because these are a must-serve a la mode.
What is a No-Chill Cookie Recipe?
A No-Chill Cookie recipe is a cookie recipe that doesn’t require the cookie dough to be chilled prior to baking. This kind of recipe yields quick cookies!
Which dairy-free chocolate do I use?
For the melted chocolate, make sure to use dairy-free dark chocolate chips. Trader Joe’s (not sponsored) sells dairy-free dark chocolate chips with 72% cacao and they never disappoint. Also, they’re very affordable. Any dairy-free dark chocolate will work, just make sure it’s not too dark.
For the chocolate chips, I recommend using dairy-free milk chocolate chips. Use your favorite brand, or whatever you’re able to find. Sometimes stores are more likely to sell dairy-free milk chocolate bars, so chopping a bar will work just fine.
Which peppermint extract do works best in these mint chocolate cookie bars?
Any works! Make sure the label reads “Peppermint Extract” and you are good go. No need to splurge on this ingredient.
- Large Bowl
- Medium Bowl
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Baking dish at least 9inx9in
- Small Cookie scoop optional
- Parchment Paper
- Plastic Wrap
- Cooling Rack
- 2 Cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour
- ½ cup Cacao Powder
- ⅔ Cup Brown Sugar dark or light works
- ⅓ Cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegan Butter softened
- 11 oz Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Chips 1 bag
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- ½ Cup Dairy-Free Milk Chocolate Chips
- + Sea Salt for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda until evenly combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine white and brown sugar, softened vegan butter, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and salt. Whisk together until butter and sugar become light and fluffy. Then, mix in the egg until combined.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the large bowl and mix until combined. Then repeat with remaining flour.
- In a medium, oven-safe bowl, Melt dairy-free dark chocolate chips. Let cool for 2-3 minutes if chocolate is hot. Add to dough and mix until combined.
- Fold in milk chocolate chips.
- Line baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add dough to baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until edges are slightly crisp brown and the cookie is cooked to your liking.
- Top with sea salt immediately after baking (optional), then set aside and allow to cool.
- Cut into squares.
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! I sincerely appreciate your support!