These gluten-free and dairy-free crepes are soft, chewy, very thin, and have the quintessential eggy, sweet, buttery flavor that we all know and love. The crepe batter is easy to make and comes together in just minutes. However, cooking the batter into a crepe shape will take time and some extra practice. Don’t fear, the failed crepes taste just as delicious as the pretty ones!
How do I get the gluten-free and dairy-free crepes to thinly coat the pan?
Firstly, it will take practice however, I found that dabbing the pan with a paper towel after greasing it removed residual butter which allows the crepe batter to stick to the pan and bread rather than slide around a pool of butter. In addition, I recommend tilting
What other toppings go well with gluten-free crepe?
The options are endless! Some of my favorites for sweet crepes include: lemon & powdered sugar, chocolate & powdered sugar, banana & chocolate, and plain powdered sugar. Get creative!
Can I use this same recipe for savory crepes?
Yes! Make sure to omit the vanilla, sugar, and add an additional pinch of salt. Also, feel free to add a favorite herb to batter such as rosemary, thyme, sage, etc.
- 1 Large Bowl
- 12-13 inch Non-stick Pan
- 1/2 Cup Measuring Cup for pouring batter into pan
- Cutting Board and Knife for toppings (if necessary)
- Measuring Cups
- Tsp Measurement
- Paper towel
- 2 Cups Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Plant Milk any plant milk works, room temperature
- ⅓ Cup Melted Plant Butter + more for cooking the crepes (I like Miyokos, and Earth Balance)
- ⅓ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs room temperature
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pinch Kosher Salt
Toppings (For Chocolate Strawberry Crepes)
- 1 Cup Dairy-Free Whipped Cream
- 1/2 Cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Strawberries thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- **If ingredients are not room temperature, combine plant milk and plant butter and microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute until warm and the butter is fully melted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs until combined.
- Add room tempt plant milk, plant butter, vanilla extract and sugar to the large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Once combined, add gluten-free flour and salt, and mix vigorously until there are no clumps. (This may take 2-5 minutes).
- Heat large non-stick pan at medium heat and grease the pan with small knob of butter (less than a tablespoon).
- Crumple the paper towel, and carefully glide it across the heated and greased pan, absorbing the residual plant butter. (This will ensure the crepe batter sticks to the pan when thinly spreading it out rather than gliding across and clumping).
- Once heated, lift the pan from the burner and tilt at a 45 degree angle. Pour ½ cup of batter on to one side of the pan and tilt the pan in a circular motion while smiultaneously giggling the batter, flattening it out.
- After 1 minute or until there is the slightest hint of golden brown on the side touching the pan, carefully flip the crepe using the spatula.
- Repeat with remaining batter, and grease the pan every 2 crepes or so and remove residual butter with same paper towel.
- Top with powdered sugar, whipped cream, more strawberries, and a mint leaf.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! I sincerely appreciate your support!
One response to “Crepes (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free)”
These crepes look perfect for Valentines day!