An easy cocktail recipe that’s perfect for a hot summer day! I present to you, Blood Orange White Sangria. Sangria dates back thousands of years to the Romans; which at the time, was wine mixed with whatever that was around. Traditionally, Spaniards used red wine and citrus fruit to make sangria. However, over many years, many countries added their own twists to the drink. Nowadays, there’s white sangria which uses white wine. The citrus in traditional Spanish sangria inspires this drink. I’m using blood orange and berries to add a pop of color to my sangria in hopes of resembling the deep red found in tradition Spanish sangria. I hope you enjoy this easy cocktail recipe and please let me know what you think!
- 1 bottle of cheap Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 2 cups fresh fruit (1 cup raspberries, 1/2 cup chopped strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cups Blood Orange Soda
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- In a 48oz pitcher, add 2 cups of fresh fruit, lemon juice, ½ cup Brandy, and full bottle of Sauviongon Blanc.
- Stir well so all the flavors mingle.
- Add 2 cups of Blood Orange Soda and stir again.
- Chill for 2 hours or overnight. This helps the drink absorb the flavor of the fresh fruit.
- Serve on ice with fresh fruit and top with fresh mint.
Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! Your support is deeply appreciated!