This White Sangria with Grapefruit Soda is your new favorite summer cocktail. It’s citrusy, fruity, light, and extremely drinkable. The lemonade gives the drink a nice tanginess while the grapefruit gives a slight bitterness which not only pairs great with Sauvignon Blanc but also cuts through the sweetness from the fruit. The drink absorbs the fresh flavors and sweetness from the chopped fruit which makes a nice, well-rounded cocktail.
What’s the Difference Between White Sangria and Regular Sangria?
Good question! White sangria is made with white wine while regular sangria is made with red wine. Because of the white wine, white sangria is overall lighter in flavor than regular sangria; making it perfect for the summer.
Can I use any Kind of White Wine?
Technically, yes, any white wine will work; however, I recommend using a simple white wine. By simple, I’m referring to your average two-buck-chuck Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio. I like using Charles Shaw Sauvignon Blanc because it is literally $2-$3.
Where Can I find these Ingredients?
Everything on the ingredient list can be found at your local Trader Joes; specifically, the Grapefruit Soda. (Trader Joes is not sponsoring this post). Ingredient swaps are okay! Make sure to replace the Grapefruit Soda with another citrus soda and so forth.
- 48oz Serving Pitcher
- 6 8oz Serving Glasses
- 1 Bottle Sauvignon Blac Wine Use the cheap stuff!
- 1-2 Cups Grapefruit Soda
- 1 Cup Sliced Fresh Fruit + More for Garnish I used ½ cup nectarines and ½ cup strawberries
- ¾ Cup Lemonade
- ½ Cup Brandy Any kind will do
- 2 Lemons (The Juice)
- 1 Handful Fresh Mint Leaves For Garnish
- 1. Add fresh fruit, lemon juice, and wine to pitcher. Give it a good stir to get the wine to mingle witht he fruit flavors.
- 2. Add the lemonade, and fill the pitcher with Grapefruit Soda. Stir thoroughly.
- 3. Garnish with fresh mint and chill in refriderator for at least 2 hours.
- 4. Add ice and 1-2 pices of fresh fruit to serving glasses. Pour sangria into glasses and garnish with more fresh mint.